Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Birthday Boy!

IMG 5374IMG 5377IMG 5383

This week, my baby boy turned 14! Crazy....just crazy! We celebrated the day before his birthday with a little mom/son dinner. I took him to Bugaboo Creek and we sat and chatted. This is a little tradition I started with the boys during football season this year and something I have enjoyed doing about once a month with each boy. It's so nice to take my big boys out one on one and just "catch up" without the little people talking and tugging every few seconds during our conversation. The next day he got another on one date with his grandmother and a trip to NJ for a new BMX bike! And then ice cream cake for dessert. Pictures to come later on his new wheels and some fishing gear that had me debating for weeks. 14 here we are!!!!!!!!!!! Hard to believe that I can say I love him even more than when he was my little 10.2 pound little butter ball newborn. Jake, I love ya and I never grow tired of just sitting and chatting with you. I am so, so, so proud of the guy you are becoming!

1 comment:

Kathy Drachowski said...

Happy Birthday Jake! And Joy, you are such an inspiring, wonderful mother! You make me cry....good tears of course!