Friday, April 29, 2011

Our Trip to One of the Worlds Largest Aquarium Stores


This week is Spring Break.  I know I am a gazillion posts behind AGAIN, but its always more fun to post present day stuff.  So I think I'll catch some of our highlights this week and work my way back.

Recently, our house has been inhabited by two budding marine biologists.  My big boys have been fascinated with fish.  They have quite the array of tank collections that seem to be growing each season.  They enjoy learning about all kinds of fish and even catch fish native to our ponds and put them in some of their tanks.  But for fun this week we took a long trip out to Lancaster, PA to a store called, That Fish Place!  It was H.U.G.E.  Save your money for aquarium admissions folks this place is FREE.
They were so happy!






This guy was my personal favorite!



I love how Ben held his hands back while looking at each fish.  He does this when he finds something interesting but a tad bit creepy.  =)


This would be an example of "creepy."  This guy kept rushing out at us displaying all his might.



I love her dainty little mouth.  She just LOOKS feminine...but what do I know about fish.  =)









They even have birds at THAT FISH PLACE....one could spend hours there...which is what I think we did!

And some cool lizards.

Apparently we made it for "feeding time." In the reptile room.  Lucky me.

My Benny was enthralled and as I am a boy mama I have to be enthralled too...and of course take it's picture as it eats its lunch.



Ben loved every second of watching them eat their bugs and cheered as they caught each little critter.

Natalie on the other hand improvised and played dress up.  


It was a great time and maybe someday we'll be taking a larger tank home.  But in the meantime we had a blast!

1 comment:

Kathy Drachowski said...

That looks like fun...if you are into fish. :) Glad to hear you had a nice break!