As usual the night before school we label books and folders. It’s just tradition now. The notebooks above are Andrew’s but even in 8th grade Jake still prefers for me to write it out.
Had to separate these two as school started the next day and there was much to prepare for…good thing they go to school together! This is Andrew with his friend Isaac. We are blessed to have many good friends right in our neighborhood.
I was sad this year that my boys (Jake and Andrew) started school on separate days so this year was separate back to school photos.
Once again, that shoe is untied! =) I love how much Andrew loves school and is doing so well academically! This is his last year of elementary school {sniff, sniff}.
Hard to believe my once baby boy is in 8th grade! He is in all honors this year again, is on student council, and will continue to play football in the fall, wrestle in the winter, and play lacrosse in the spring! And not too mention he tries to be at EVERY youth group function. Jake is one busy guy this year!
And notice the little doggy in the window? As always she suffered through her seasonal depression…back-to-school-itis. She misses them terribly when they go off to school.
These shots are of Natalie on her meet the teacher night.
And here she is on her first day. She was a bit nervous and played it up in her little dramatic way. Of course she wanted photos and these next few are just a small sample. I am lucky if the big boys give me one…two is a treat!
Such a goof-ball.
But when she got to school she was very SERIOUS.
These shots are of Ben’s meet the teacher day. He has Natalie’s old teacher the fabulous, creative Christine. We are thrilled he is with her and he loves to explore her classroom. Since Ben’s hearing loss he receives speech out of our home several times a week. I love that he gets to go to “school” in an environment where I know he gets to socialize with other kids and learns to not lean on me so much for communication.
Again, I can not say enough at how we are blessed to have him in her class!
He loves his classroom and all of his new little friends. It’s only two and a half hours so Mommy doesn’t miss him too too much.
This a shot of him on his actual first day. He was on a mission and WOULD NOT stand still for his picture to be taken!
So there you have it. The first days of school for 2010. Jake is in middle school, Andrew is in elementary school, Natalie is in preschool, and Ben is in a different pre-school. It makes for busy mornings but I’m not complaining. I’ll save that for next year when I have one in high school, one in middle school, one in elementary school, and one in pre-school! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4 comments:
Picture of Ben leaving for his first day, with Natalie's hand on his shoulder...shows his wonderful adjustment. Love that one...as well as all of them!
Just looked at the pics. So great to see the kids growing up. Just enjoyed the Patriots game with Ann. You are a busy Mom. Say hi to Michael. Love, Roberta
OMG! I can NOT believe Jake is in 8th grade and how old he looks. Hope your school year is off to a good start!!!!
Thanks guys!
Roberta, thanks so much for commenting! Great to know you found our blog! Hope all is well!
Post a Comment