Tonight is Natalie's first dance recital. She has been practicing every night this week. It has been a long week! The photographer was at the dance studio last Sunday but we had out of town guests and were exhausted from Ben's party and therefore could not get down there. Melissa and I took the babies for their one year old photos and she helped me get Natalie ready and posed for some shots at Kiddie Kandids. I LOVE how they came out and am having a hard time picking a favorite.
I love her ballet costume as it is more age appropriate than the tap costume. (I am still getting used to the dance world). I am not crazy over the costumes but I am ecstatic with seeing how the older girls carry themselves. Their posture and confidence is remarkable. Just the sheer ability to get on stage in front of people with the lights and camera on you is an ability that will carry these girls through their life. It truly will be valuable to them as they learn public speaking, and other practices in school and work that require them to get up in front of people.
I have a ton of shots from the practices and dress rehearsal. Sadly, I will miss the show as I am helping as a backstage mom. But the experience has certainly been an education! And I am thankful I could stay by my little dancers side every step of the way. She is loving dance and of course the costumes!!!




1 comment:
Natalie, you look beautiful...just like a ballerina princess. You did a great job dancing too.
Love,
Michaela's Mom Mom
Post a Comment