
This year the boys left
WCS and went back to public school. At first I was so devastated. Jake had to attend P.S. DuPont. It is a very large school. But a few things transpired that made it probably our best school experience thus far and Jake's
favorite year of school! One, he was placed in honors classes. This put him with some wonderful children and gave him the opportunity to be challenged. Jake always rises to the challenge and does better all around when he is put to the test! The second thing that happened is he was given Sarah, I mean Mrs. Davis, as a homeroom teacher! Sarah is a good friend of my neighbor and was Lauren's favorite teacher. Sarah was a great resource through this year. She teased Jake at how she will miss him and their "debates" and told him that she really enjoyed having him in her class.

This shot is with Stanley. Stanley was Jake's history day partner. Together they worked on a joint project regarding Jim Henson and his vast creations. This kid was such a sweetie! Jake was also asked to pose with various girls as their father shot photos of him with their daughters. I did not participate in this! I wasn't surprised when his math teacher, Mrs. H said to me,"He is a bright, well rounded kid. He could do better if he didn't have the girls falling all over him!" Junior High is going to be rough for me! If you ever notice that there are far more pictures of my younger children
on my blog that is because at this stage of the game Jake feels it's not always "cool" for mom to be following him around with his camera!

It was a long but great graduation ceremony. Ben
jamin loved the music!

Mike was an awesome dad as usual and kept the little guys entertained with me.

Like I said, it was LONG and the little guys tried their best to be good. =)

Just in case you were wondering why we were apprehensive about this school initially. I would need a wide angle lens to get the entire building in the picture! As it is I went across the street and still could not photograph the entire school. Yet, looks are
deceiving. The school was broken down into several wings. Each grade had its own wing with various teaching teams, individual guidance counselors, and it's own dean of students. It was
a great fit for Jake. Much more challenging and filled with lots of opportunities for sports and various creative outlets! It was also great that he was able to establish friendships with kids that will travel with him to Junior High. Junior High? Really? How did this happen so quickly? Pray for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great day! They do grow up fast!
Your Son Jacob is so awsome I SOOOOOOOOOOOO hope you relize how blessed you are!
-NOT JAKE CRONAUER
Post a Comment