Sunday, June 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Ben: The “Big Zoo”

IMG_0302

At the end of May (yes, still trying to catch up this blog) our Benny boy turned the big 2!!!!  I had plans to take him to the “little” zoo that day but as I walked out the door daddy called and said he took the rest of the day off from work and why not go to the big zoo?!?  We were sad that the big boys couldn’t join us as they had school but in a way it gave us the chance to go at Ben’s pace and to really spend the day focused on the birthday boy!

IMG_0306

IMG_0307

Natalie had such a good time!  She loves the zoo. 

IMG_0316 IMG_0313

I love to watch Ben’s eyes light up with utter amazement as he sees new creatures up close.

IMG_0320

Even I find the apes amazing after all these years of going to the “big” zoo!  

IMG_0323

IMG_0328

IMG_0332

IMG_0333

IMG_0336

IMG_0341

Ben really went at his pace and sometimes just stared in awe as he took it all in.  He is sometimes a quiet boy but with such a deep focus and I truly love that about him!

IMG_0344

IMG_0350

IMG_0353 IMG_0358

IMG_0415

IMG_0366

This polar bear was made out of legos and it really made me wish Andrew was there.  Oh, well we will go back again as soon as school lets out very soon for summer!  So glad we have a membership.

IMG_0398 

IMG_0408 IMG_0371

And the giraffes are my favorite.  I could watch them all day; they look like art in motion! 

IMG_0432

As always the deciding factor to whether or not Ben had a really good time is if he falls asleep before the mini van even hits the highway.  As you can see it was a really good time!  Happy Birthday Ben!

1 comment:

Kathy Drachowski said...

Happy Birthday Ben! I love the sleeping picture! We really need to get together sometime soon! I love you and your family!!!