Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter 2009

This Easter was our first with Benji! In this photo he was Ben jamin! Ben truly has rhythm! Perhaps he got this from Opa? We know it DID NOT come from me! Sadly, my children ask me not to sing to them. The next few photos and comments are a bit of a repeat for those of you who keep up with our family on facebook.Blogging and using facebook has taught me that there are very few photos that I am in. I tend to be the photo bug in our house and therefore when looking at our albums there are very few shots of me. In an attempt to change this I've tried to get in front of the camera more. Yet, the next few photos will also explain why our family never gets that perfect shot. No one can look at the camera at the same time while smiling. Does any other family have this issue? If so, what are your secrets to getting everyone to look at the camera and SMILE? And don't tell me photo shop! =)
Notice Andrew's tongue...my guess is he ate a RED jelly bean before this shot!
I won't tell you what dad said to them to get them all to laugh at this one. Even Ben caught onto his humor!
Oh, and in case you are wondering what is behind their head. That is a blackboard that I attempt to write seasonal inspirations or quotes on. Natalie as you can see likes to improve on whatever I have scrawled.
This would be great if I didn't look like I was going to bust out laughing. But I love this photo simply because I find the eye color between these two remarkable. Genetics are a funny and mysterious thing!
Natalie looks as though she is being left out....but hold on!
She gets her attention. Never fear.
It's always good to see the back of your head to know if your shampoo is doing its job...and if you have any sneaky greys in the back that need plucking!
Almost there...would have been a great shot if she had OPENED her eyes.
I give up!
And here is my first born sporting his long hair...teen years are quickly approaching. The girls are already starting. Can he go to the movies, can he go to their house? Can he...NO! I once heard that you should avoid using the word "No" in parenting. The "idiot no." As parents our first response is to say, no. Yet, we should try saying "yes" whenever possible. Does that apply to teen years? Perhaps I should start saying, "Yes, when you are 30 you can..."
And here is my little heart breaker with his buddy Nick Ackley. These two have known each other from t-ball and pee-wee soccer. Now they will ride out youth group and many other adventures in teen years. The Ackley's have been wonderful friends. Here we are lounging on their couch as the kids play Rock Band. Sandra is Natalie's Sunday school teacher and will forever be known to Natalie as "Cookies." This is her pet name for her. One horrible day the boys had off from school. Sandra had asked me to care for Nick that day. I was pregnant with Ben and called her to tell her I was too sick. She called me from work that day to see how I was doing. I never answered the phone and she came over to check in. She found me pretty bad off and started putting coats and shoes on my kids and loading them into her truck to take to her house. I protested saying Natalie would be upset. She leaned down looked Natalie in the eye and said "I have cookies at my house, come home with me." Her little two year old feet waddled down the driveway as quick as they could. When we would see Sandra at church Natalie would run up and say "Cookies!" Hence, that is how Sandra got that nick name in our house. The rest of my pregnancy Sandra was there ready to help me in any way she could. I am forever grateful.We spent a great day relaxing and having Easter dinner with them this year.

1 comment:

The Ousdahls said...

1) I am dying to know what Mike said to make them laugh!!!

2) I have NO idea how to get a good family shot!

3) I LOVE the pictures and seeing all the varieties of expressions and all.

4) You guys are AWESOME!

5) Don't you love me Numbering all my points out ;)

Love,

Melissa