Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tristan is here!

It's been a busy weekend. I went to be with my dearest friend on earth as she painfully spent 48 hours of labor and then emergency c-section to have her first baby. Words can not express how wonderful it feels to have her join me in motherhood! We have been through it all together. She watched and helped our family as I gave birth four times and to have been there and get to play the role of "photographer" or paparazzi as my children call me, was amazing. I have so many thoughts I want to write but it's been a long three days and I am still so tired as my recovery continues...but we are off to celebrate one more memorable moment, as we go join my family to celebrate my grandmother's 80th birthday! But above is a snapshot for the blog until I have more time (Mr. Drachowski you better have gone here to see what the 'heck a blog is.') =)

2 comments:

Kathy Drachowski said...

Joy, this picture says it all! I love Lauren's expression here...it is so real and emotion filled! It makes me tear up! I am so glad that we got to be there for Tristan's birth and like I said...everyone really needs a best friend like you! Lauren is so blessed to have you in her life. A friendship like yours is not found everyday....and now your boys (and ours too) will get to grow up together!

Unknown said...

Thanks Kate...I thought about that comment that you made on my drive home. Kate, I think that is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me!

Honestly, I don't look at Lauren as a friend anymore. Sometime ago she began to feel more like family. It was great to be with all of you guys for such a wonderful event and I can't wait for our three boys to hang out! You'll have to program my house on your GPS and we'll have lots of playtime in our backyard (cat free territory!) =)