Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It’s That Time of Year Again!

2483

2510

Fresh Crayons, juicy new markers, and bouquets of pencils.

2473

            School supplies checked off the list and sorted.

2517

      Calendars updated and backpacks packed!

(Notice the boys picked the same one, and look it’s Natalie’s first one).2518 

2456

Last minute summer reading finished and journal completed.

2465Lunch bags packed and clipped to the more forgetful sons backpack.

2534

He may be forgetful but he is pretty darn cute!

2535

2536

2538The bus is boarded.  I now appreciate the bus a little more since Jake does not receive the bus and is expected two walk the 2 miles to school and back (no thanks, I’ll be driving him).

 

2523

Traditional shots in front of the house (with Gracie sadly looking out the window).  She gets depressed this time of year.

2530

Then the reality that my oldest is starting junior high set in.  We even picked up Elise who Jake has known since pre-K.  They were in the four year old program together (the program Natalie starts this year).  It was sad so very sad.  Time goes fast.  2533 I even cried a bit and snapped a picture when he got out and entered the building.  Yes, I was that mother.  The one who slowed the carpool lane down as the guidance counselor shook his head.  If Jake sees this he’ll kill me and make me take it off the blog.  I got even more sad when later that day Ben took his first steps.  That’s right September 1, 2009 the oldest entered junior high and the youngest started walking!

2267 Then came labor day weekend.  The long weekend.  No school for a few days.   They were all home.  Even the hubby who finished out his sixth week of working from home and then….

2644Today came!  They went to school, the hubby went to work, Ben took a nap, and Natalie watched a movie (she starts pre-school tomorrow) and I had the whole house to myself again!!!   What do I do first? Or maybe the question should be, what do I NOT do first?   Ahhh, Carol got your call/ your message and realized…why yes!  I have not blogged in a whole week or two! 

2647

It’s been a long, long, summer!  It’s over!  Think I’ll go hang some pumpkins and fall decorations.  For summer is officially over at my house.  So is recovery from surgery….I’m kicking it to the curb!  =)

Happy Fall Y’ All! 

No comments: