I’d like to say the day started off with a big old fashion,hearty, homemade breakfast. But it didn’t. With three brothers running around and two of them needing to be out the door pretty early it was a bowl full of cold milk and cheerios. But there were some pretty hydrangeas from our yard at the table! =)
Oh! And of course a daddy that picked her up and swung her round and round and told her how proud of her he was.
And a big brother who cheered her on and gave her quite the pep talk!
She then gathered up her bag and told me right where she wanted her pictures taken!
She sat down and posed herself! Natalie, my child who never has time to LOOK at the camera.
“What, Mom?” She couldn’t understand my shock at her willingness to be photographed.
And then she gave me the face big brothers do. Little does she know she never ceases to be cute. The name Punky Brewster comes to mind.
I love how standing next to the rocker captures how tiny she still is.
And of course we have to get the classic shot in front of the window with Gracie in a state of panic…another child is leaving her.
And there goes my heart. My only daughter. Sometimes I look at you and hope you know regardless of how much I rush and scurry from one thing to the next, that you hold the ability to make me stop in my tracks and pray that we always stay close.
I think your little brother does too. I love how he is always clutching at you. I think he knew we were leaving you at school today.
I got worried for you when we walked in. I thought maybe you would be anxious but you walked up to the teacher, handed her your bag, and got busy playing.
You and “Cala” as you call Michaela were so busy checking out the toys that you barely gave me a goodbye. Just know that that was a gift to me. You relieved all my worries. =)
And then we met Michaela’s mommy and sister and went for a walk.
Ben found another hand to hold. =)
And another later at music class. Perhaps a glimpse into my future with my blue-eyed charmer?
And then we were back to pick you up. The look on Madelin’s face says it all!…Did you two like it here? What did you do? Everything OK, girlfriend?
Clearly, Michaela, Madelin’s big sister had fun!
It looks like you did too and that you made a new friend.
And as always you were excited to tell me all about it!
5 comments:
Great pictures, I can't believe the girls are almost four. I remember the first time I had Natalie in nursery (crawlers), she kept trying to pull the barrettes out of everyone's hair. I am so glad that Michaela and Natalie are good friends. Glad that they both had a great day at preschool. I know they will learn so much. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Melinda Watkins
I LOVE this post!! The picture of Natalie posing on your porch is AMAZING!!!
I love how Madelin and Ben were "extra" close that morning, once their Big sisters went off to pre-school!
I love Madelin's face when she is talking to Natalie =) That is her new face she loves to make.
I love that we are friends...our whole family =)
Thanks,
Melissa
Joy! What a day for both of you! What on earth did you do with only Ben? I remember Meagan's first day at Mother's day out, Jay was so little. Carol
Mrs. W too funny about the barrettes...same gal, but now she tries to steal her little friends shoes. =)
Melissa..I agree!
Carol- we went to preview a music class. It WAS nice just having him....I think maybe he'd agree. =)
Congrats on the milestone! She is too cute!
Post a Comment