Thursday, December 10, 2009

Turkey Day

IMG_1952

IMG_1956IMG_1958

Gracie gets a bath!  Mike worried she was stinking up Grammy Ann’s house!

IMG_1968

The kids love Grammy Ann’s big claw foot tub!

IMG_1975

                          and ginormous windows!

IMG_1987 

       It was cold outside!   Ok, not really she just likes wearing my scarf!

IMG_1986 Ben has a hard time napping so we gave up and took him for a drive! {And of course I took my camera.}

IMG_2008                                                   Bye CJ we’ll be back!

IMG_2039                                              First stop the covered bridge!IMG_2019Then Margaret’s who cuts everyone's hair (she gave me a cute bob hair cut one year!)

IMG_2023The emporium!!!!  My boys love this store.  Many treasures to be had there!  I love how it smells!  It was here that we got the idea to get a pellet stove for our back porch.

IMG_2030                                         Almost sleepy but not quite there!

 IMG_2052Think I could move THIS house to Delaware and just paint it yellow with some red accents?  No problem right?IMG_2087Mike’s brothers house.  Although Monica and Allen moved a few years back out into the country.  (Yes, folks it gets even more rural).  =)IMG_2059

THIS is my favorite house in all of Lancaster.  Not sure why, it just has curb appeal!  It looks tiny but don’t let these homes fool you!  Turn to the side and they go a mile back.  Most were built in the mid 1800s!

IMG_2271                                                

IMG_2130 It’s as if you can see the cold in this photo.   

       IMG_2131 IMG_2092And now we are back to Bunker Hill (Mike’s street).

 IMG_2072

This is a shot of the tree that is in his front yard.  

IMG_2122

                             And another view!

 

 

IMG_2074Mission accomplished Ben is asleep!

IMG_2077

Me taking cheesy photos of myself.  Even the dog is looking at me in the corner of the mirror thinking “what is she doing now?”IMG_2114Some things I just have to photograph.  =)IMG_2085

IMG_2121 

 

IMG_2083IMG_2084What is a trip home without a Risk game?  I am not a bored game kinda girl so I headed off down the road to the nearest bookstore (only 4o minutes away).

IMG_2149Somehow I got lost in a book and never noticed it started snowing out!  I was in a panic when I came out!  Not only am I scared of driving these roads during the day but snow covered?  and at night?!!?

IMG_2150I went about five minutes down the road until everything came to a dead stop (its only a little two lane road).  Apparently, there was a major accident at the high school and all off traffic got backed up.  I sat on the side of the road…ALL ALONE.  Most spots I didn’t have service but when I did I called Mike.  He’d say ok, what are you passing now?  Ahh trees.  Now what?  Ahh more trees!!!!!!!

IMG_2151

Goes to show you Jersey girls like me do not belong driving out in the great North Woods!!!!

1 comment:

Kathy Drachowski said...

What a picturesque place! Perfect for Thanksgiving and a New England Holiday! By the way...I love the cheesy shot of you in the mirror...your hair looks cute!