I don’t know who sings the song, maybe it’s Billy Joel? But one of the lines in the song is, “don’t look at it like it’s forever.” Mike says that often to me. Sometimes its sad to hear it, and realize it, and other days like the one pictured it feels pretty good to know it’s just a FAZE!!!!!
Our little Benny Boy is busy!!!! He likes to explore or get things for himself. Generally, he will push a chair over to the counters and hop up on them. But since all of the chair legs have been tied to the table he started carrying in children’s chairs from the other room. Needless to say they became inaccessible too. So he improvised bringing in a guitar.
And yes, that is my scarf holding the refrigerator doors shut. He has learned how to open those too and as I couldn’t find a cable and clip without walking away from him (not advisable). I improvised and used my scarf…after all I was in a rush trying to make dinner!
Ben, I love you Buddy! Today, we stood outside in the freezing cold while you ran up and down the neighbors driveways (the grass is either piled with snow or mud/slush). Your a true outdoorsman, hang on buddy spring is coming…..only 23 days to go!
I promise we will be seen at every local park in the county where you can climb till your little heart is content!!!!!!!!!!!
5 comments:
You are such a good mom. If I ever caught anybody standing on MY guitar . . . my the Lord have mercy. lol :) What a cutie though! And good idea with the scarf!
Hello Joy!
I have been loving and enjoying your pictures for some time now. You capture everyday life in such a unique way. What a beautiful family you have!
Thank you for sharing it with us in the blog-world!
I can't wait to see what comes next.
Best, Mary Ann
(Melissa's Aunt in Vermont)
ps~thank you for your sweet comment on my blog
Hi Joy. My name is Rebecca Leger. Melissa Ousdahl is my cousin and Mary Ann (from the comment above) is my Mom. I absolutely LOVE your blog and I have been following it for several months. Your children are all so beautiful and you are such a talented photographer. I wanted to tell you that I got the BIGGEST laugh from this post about Ben. Your beautiful bouncing boy reminds me so much of my son, Jack (he is 14 months old). I burst out laughing when I saw him standing on the guitar and it was priceless seeing your scarf tying your refrigerator door closed! I have a feeling I'll be borrowing your creative idea! Thank you for your great blog and for the laugh. :)
Rebecca
I am laughing at the guitar stand too! I am really scared because Jackson is already pushing is toys over near the couch and climbing up onto it. I don't know what I am going to do when he is able to actually move furniture! Boys are so busy!!!! As a side note....aren't Target diapers great?
Dear Mary Ann, thank you for your sweet comment! I often wonder what will come next too...life is crazy! =)
Rebecca, thank you! I love your blog too! I feel like I know Jack and Grace. Your children are gorgeous and YOUR photography is amazing, but not half as amazing as all the things you do and teach your children daily! So inspiring! P.S. Your recent post on Boston made us want to take the kids on a trip to Boston (where Mike and I met).
Have a great week!
Joy
Post a Comment