Friday, February 12, 2010

How to survive a blizzard (hey, we have had practice now!)

IMG_9012

Yes, here in Delaware we received about four seasons worth of snow in less than a week.  Two back to back blizzards with four children a dog and a cat gives us liberty to say we are now experts on blizzard survival.  =)IMG_8950

First you make pancakes…

IMG_8963  

IMG_9005 

All the while remembering that you have sworn off sugar.  If I can’t eat it than I can at least photograph it.  Yes, I said that out loud.  I am turning into a pathological picture taker and need some lessons soon!

IMG_9035Then you light candles in case the electricity goes out…

IMG_8956

Preferably the smelly ones that mask the odor of preteen boys who leave wet, stinky, snowy socks EVERYWHERE!

IMG_8966

Take more pictures of the mayhem nature is creating outside.

IMG_9076Listen two your ten year olds “funny” jokes.  =)

IMG_9099

Have your father read you a book.

IMG_9100

(We bought this book for Ben but Natalie likes it too).

IMG_8679(These are a few of Ben’s favorites these days).IMG_8680IMG_9082Then if you get really bored you can take pictures of your gorgeous cat who always looks like art in motion.  

IMG_9095

I love how even in the messiest spots of our house she finds comfort…wish that was the case for me!

IMG_9058

Then when you get REALLY stir crazy start moving furniture and accessories around in your house.

IMG_9063

I stole the lamp from my bedroom and the end table from our back porch…may leave it there for awhile…at least until the snow melts.

IMG_8693

Have popcorn.

IMG_8657Put floor puzzles together.IMG_8667 Play dress up have tea with Snow White.

IMG_8701

And the cutest little man you know.

IMG_8702

IMG_8962

And if all else fails make more pancakes!

3 comments:

Kathy Drachowski said...

I have made a lot of pancakes lately too....do you use sugarfree syrup? We like the wegmans brand. I can then at least justify eating them! :) Yours look amazing though...what's your trick?

Unknown said...

The trick??? Trick photography! Just kidding, couldn't help that one. I think they look pretty because I use a little tiny circular pan. Hmmm, gotta get me some sugar-free syrup! So wish we had a Wegmans 'round here! =)

Carol said...

I haven't quite figured out how, but I know you can make money beging a food photographer. You did make those pancakes look like a work of art, forget the cat.