Thursday, February 25, 2010

Handmade Valentines

 IMG_9987

This year Natalie and I made homemade Valentines.  It was something I always wanted to do but the boys were more interested in Batman or Power Rangers over the years. 

 IMG_9975So we took a few shots of Natalie holding a sign that said, Happy Valentines Day.  Then I printed them on our printer and we set out to make a few one snowy day.

IMG_9972

The snow kept coming and coming luckily this activity gave us something to do!  Notice just like the snowflakes, no two Valentines were alike.

 IMG_9967IMG_9968IMG_9966

 

IMG_0075She carefully wrote her name on the back and sometimes neatly on the front of each one.  She spelled it correctly!  For awhile now she was insisting it looked better spelled another way, but that’s another story.  =)

IMG_0072

We got slightly carried away on the glue for the lollipops so they had to be individually bagged incase one popped off.

IMG_0101 

IMG_0117

This was such a fun project to do with my little girl.  It got me over the hump that the boys no longer do this stuff, period.  She was tickled pink with the results!

IMG_0124

Here she is doing her happy dance before heading off to the party! 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

These valentines were GREAT!! I am glad you two had such a good time making them. I think it was super how you made Natalie's favorite holiday EXTRA special and involved for her by taking the time to put extra love in these homemade valentines!! They were SO special. Thanks =)
--Melissa O