Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Birthday Present from Virginia!

photo

Yes, you read that right.  Jake is turning 13 this week.  He has begged and begged for a long time for a big dog (of his own).  After a year of researching and persuading we surprised him and got a boxer pup.  My mother found the perfect little guy but he was all the way in southern Virginia!  On Thursday she hopped in the car and away she went to get this little guy.    Friday while everyone was in school Ben and I went down to my moms to meet him and see that he did OK with Ben.

IMG_8561

As you can see it was a good fit.  =) 

The plan was to wait until his actual birthday to surprise him but we couldn’t wait.  Friday night after lacrosse and Mike got home from work the big surprise arrived!

3 comments:

Kathy Drachowski said...

OMG! SOOOOO CUTE! I give you so much credit Joy! You are brave! But, I can see how hard he was to resist! Good Luck with the new addition to your family (and your new teenager too!) And...Happy Birthday Jake!

Unknown said...

Crazy, huh? I now have a toddler, preschooler, elementary student, middle schooler, and a PUPPY, oh my!!!

Melinda said...

This dog still looks like a Beauford to me. It just fits his face. He is the cutest little thing. Tell Jake that Duke is okay too..guess since it is his birthday present he should name it. Maybe Beauford could be his middle name.
Melinda