His surgery was at 6am at our local children’s hospital. Thankfully my mother got up and drove here and was here by 5:30 am so she could get the older kids off to school. Once again, THANK YOU MOM! YOU REALLY CAME THROUGH FOR US!!!!
He had tubes put in due to his chronic ear infections. So much for the theory that nursing prevents this. I nursed him until he was 14 months old and he still has had issues. Big bro Andrew had several rounds of tubes but it still doesn’t make handing your baby over to almost perfect strangers and having them put under general anesthesia any easier. Yet, I know some suffer much worse and I am thankful that my children are otherwise very healthy!
It’s genetic dad had it too. And you can see by the stress on Mike’s face he hates it when the boys go through this stuff (luckily Natalie was spared from ear problems…must be a Cronauer male thing).
They gave him the cutest little gown to wear and his own little TV as he waited in pre-op.
His eyes had so much green in them today. Gosh, I love this boy. I love the way he smells, his little chubby fists.
He tugged at his ears a lot this weekend. I hope today is the end of that!
They gave him drops in his nose to help him relax before they took him from us. It didn’t make him that out of it. He struggled when they wheeled him away on the stretcher but one of the nurses lifted him up and carried him back. That was the hardest part for me.
But they brought him back with his luvy (aka stinky blanket), his binky, and his dog- who had his own bracelet on him that says, “Dog-dog Cronauer.”
I thank God that everything went well today. The surgeon said his ears were so packed that when the tubes went in the drainage looked as thick as epoxy! He also said that he thought his hearing would be greatly improved immediately. I am thankful and look forward to an increase in his speech. And will rejoice when his little voice joins our noisy Cronauer chorus.
2 comments:
Oh sweet Ben! What a trooper!! I'm glad everything went well, praise God :)
Thank goodness for the Dog-Dog Cronauer tag - LOL
I am so happy everything went well! I can't imagine how hard it is to have to go through that! You are all troopers!!!! Ben is just the sweetest thing!!!
Post a Comment