Thursday, July 1, 2010

Maine Trip

  34015_1507517448955_1264881066_1412603_8109407_n

FULL DISCLOSURE:  I have stolen all of these pictures from friends.  Jake was sent to Maine with a camera and I don’t think it ever made out of his bag…he must take after his father.  =)

This trip was huge as it was his first trip away from home. TEN DAYS!  I found it funny that the last leg of the trip they stayed at Gordon College where Mike and I met.  I missed him terribly while he was gone.  But now he is back and driving me crazy again and “stirring” the energy at home.  No one can get the little kids riled up quite like he can. 

20834_1431703826554_1051622032_1258832_7888883_n26708_1507466047670_1264881066_1412062_1059959_n28251_1431722147012_1051622032_1258956_76085_n   34015_1507517608959_1264881066_1412607_7429152_n

On the stairs at Gordon's chapel??  34614_1431697186388_1051622032_1258789_1082225_n 34685_1431708066660_1051622032_1258864_2280866_n 36114_1431707186638_1051622032_1258855_2621694_n 36404_1507516528932_1264881066_1412589_5821422_n 36404_1507517008944_1264881066_1412601_6046822_n 36705_1431722427019_1051622032_1258958_5222708_n  37249_1507515048895_1264881066_1412584_417023_n 37440_408212937244_296898357244_5042878_120599_n 37440_408212942244_296898357244_5042879_970662_n

I was sad when Jake left WCS as these three were good friends.  I am so happy that they have remained good friends years later! 37440_408212947244_296898357244_5042880_7111477_n 37440_408213002244_296898357244_5042891_7372372_n 37440_408213172244_296898357244_5042925_1580125_n

Not sure what Jake is doing in this photo?  (Top right corner) 37440_408213192244_296898357244_5042929_953801_n 120292442

I got a text one night saying the kids were playing Risk!  Hmmm, Grammy Ann do you think Jake has had enough training? Jake risk untitled

I know I have said this before on the blog but I am very thankful for youth group.  The teenage years seem to be more difficult than the years we stressed over potty training and reading readiness.  Everyone gets through that.  But not everyone gets through the teenage years with a healthy self-esteem and their Faith in tact.  It says a lot when Jake is pushing us out the door on a Sunday morning and yelling encouraging us to drive a little faster to youth events.  I thank everyone that supported him with funds and prayers for his adventure in Maine!  I also thank each of the leaders that put so much time and energy into making it possible. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANK your friend for the Maine pictures!!! What a way to start my day...with a smile on my face. Referring to one of the Risk pictures, he has that "Opa" look on his face. Practicing the laugh... maybe? =)
Grammy Ann