Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day Five: Singing Beach

IMG_5190

Wake up, sleepyhead!  Breakfast, then the beach!  See the blanket at his feet?  My neighbor made it for him, knowing he loves the movie Cars.IMG_5198

This should really be a whole post in itself.  But every morning we went down to breakfast where kids eat free if an adult buys breakfast.  Yes, they let all four eat free!  Even my teen who went up four to six times each morning to the buffet!  Bacon, eggs, sausage, fruit, fresh made waffles…and of course each morning they cleared out all the cartons of milk and cereal! I was thankful for the the thermos of coffee they set before me each morning. One by one they would come and chat with us…the waitress, chef, bus boy, manager, “where are you going today?”  Nicest people EVER!  Each day they would wave goodbye!  Such a fun time.  IMG_5199

After breakfast on Friday we set out for Singing Beach area again.

When Mike and I were dating, this is the house that I was the live in nanny for.  See the arch on the left?  You drive through that and above was my “wing.” We drove through the castle before hitting the beach to show the kids what transpired in our early years.      IMG_5208 IMG_5209IMG_5222 IMG_5213 IMG_5218

Thus the reason I did not attempt the beach earlier in the week without Mike.  Too afraid my good swimmers would go too far.IMG_5223 IMG_5224 IMG_5226 IMG_5227 IMG_5233 IMG_5234 IMG_5235 IMG_5239 IMG_5240 IMG_5241 IMG_5244 IMG_5249 IMG_5251 IMG_5252 IMG_5253 IMG_5221 IMG_5255 IMG_5256 IMG_5257 IMG_5266 IMG_5269 IMG_5270 IMG_5272

I am BLESSED.  I ADORE my FOUR! IMG_5273  IMG_5278 IMG_5279

What fun; to bring our kids back to this awesome place!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures!! Am so glad you are in some of them, Joy!! And I love you all.
Grammy Ann

Anonymous said...

You have the most beautiful four children! I would love to know why this beach is called "Singing Beach"---there must be a story. Do tell, if you know. You're images are spectacular and so vivid---do tell us about the camera you use, also. But, I've come to understand that it's the lens and photographer's eye that is the most important factor in a good vs outstanding photo! So, Joy, it's all about YOU! Tremendous work!
Love from Vermont!