Sunday, August 22, 2010

Goodbye Parties

Many of our good friends are moving away.  First Lauren to KY.  The Peace family to Alaska, the Eck’s to D.C., and Marlene to Minnesota!  IMG_5500

One day after church a bunch of us gathered at the Chinese buffet to say fare-well before Jen and Jeff moved the next day.  =( IMG_5497

Ben, who always gets tuckered out at church, slept through almost the whole thing!

IMG_5502  Our crowd was so large that they had to put numerous tables together just for the adults.

IMG_5511

And a bunch of tables together for all of our children! 

 IMG_5515

IMG_5519

Then there is this blurry photo and pretty random goodbye to another swim season!  We had a great party at Lane…so great that I never had time to really get my camera out.  (Ben kept me on my toes that night!)

IMG_6007

And then our party for sweet Marlene.  I will deeply miss her as she won’t be in driving distance (thankfully, the Ecks are).  But I know I will keep tabs on her through her great blog!  There is a link to Marlene’s blog under my blog roll.  Check out her site as she is full of recipe ideas and fun things to do with her kiddos!IMG_6003

And yes, that is Lauren in the photo!  She came back to visit. =)

IMG_6014 IMG_6010

3 comments:

The Ousdahls said...

Yes..this was a year of goodbyes for many : ( ! PS: SO many good photos from Marlene's going away party...you have an awesome lens!!

Melissa

The Ousdahls said...

One more PS:

You should email that photo to Jenna...that is a great picture of the 4 of them. I don't think Jenna had her camera that night! She will LOVE it as I know she will really be missing Marlene.

-MGO

Rebecca Leger said...

Hi Joy!

Thank you so much for all of your nice comments on my blog. I have been wanting to leave you a comment for a long time now but by the time I'm really able to get on the computer after the kids are asleep I'm SO TIRED!!! I'm sure you know that feeling very well! :) Our big house news is that we will be closing on a new house this Friday. Yeah. I'll post a picture once it is really final. We were very, very fortunate to find a beautiful house at a really good price (a foreclosure). Our current house should sell soon. We have two potential offers. Thank you, again, for all of your comments. I love following your blog. I feel as though I know your family and I really do think of you often! My Mom and I often talk together about your sweet family too!

Rebecca Leger

P.S. I loved all of your pictures from your Boston trip. We went to Boston several times this Spring but haven't been since. You have inspired us to return there again soon. :)