Monday, May 4, 2009

Mrs. Black's Third Grade Coffee House

This was such a special day. Andrew participated in his 3rd grade classes "coffee house." The children read several poems that they wrote over the course of this unit. It's hard to get up in front of all the parents and their peers and read their work into the microphone. But they ALL did a fantastic job! After each of the readings parents snapped their fingers in true coffee house style and several children beat out a tune on some bongo drums. Later, we celebrated their hard work with refreshments and time to browse the room and admire all of their original works! Thank you Mrs. Black for such a wonderful event!
Andrew is posing in this photo with his teacher, Mrs. Black. She has been such a fabulous teacher! We are so blessed to have had her this year! She really helped Andrew transition back into public school!
Reese, who is also one of Andrew's neighborhood playmates.
Kyle Grossman
Mom, Dad, & Andrew...minus his siblings! Thanks to my good friend Melissa, who watched Natalie and Ben enabling us to enjoy the event toddler free!
The Class as they read aloud.
I am trying my hand at some of the images my computer can make. I just down loaded Picasa supposedly it makes blogging easier...but so far I don't see how. Any bloggers know how?
Dad and his little clone! Mike was so happy that he could make it.
Andrew has an awesome reading voice. I was so very proud of him.
Colin Bishop
His poems were great. I'll cherish them forever!
Sean (one of our backdoor neighbors).

2 comments:

Kathy Drachowski said...

Congratulations to Andrew! What a neat thing to be a part of...I love the poem...I would like to be a billionaire too!

The Ousdahls said...

I love the picture of the 3 of you =) This event is such a great activity for the kids to participate in! Andrew, your poem is GREAT!! I think you would make a great Doctor...you are really kind and compassionate.

--Melissa