Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ben-jamin

IMG_1468

Dear Ben,

We have about 3o more hours until your appointment at AI tomorrow!  But who is counting?  I know I should be patient as you were originally scheduled to see the doc mid February until the kind nurse bumped you up.  I know I should be thankful as you DO hear.  Just recently you have not seemed to be hearing very well and therefore not talking very well.  =(  I pray tomorrow he looks into your ears and says, ugh look at all of that cerumen, cleans you up, and sends us on our way!  Or maybe that you just need tubes like your brother did but that they don’t make you wait until your tenth ear infection to take care of it!  But if he does look in your ears and we have missed something.  I am sorry.  Just want to put that out there buddy.  At any rate I love you and am so thankful for you and thanks for reminding dad and I last night of why we will never let you sleep with us EVER.  You woke up crying (bad dream?) and I carried you into us to let you snuggle.  At first you loved it and laid quietly, but then you started to giggle, and wiggle, and eventually try to climb our headboard to look out the window.  And then dad carried you back to your crib where you went back to sleep with out a fight and it reminded me to pray for your apt that is coming Wednesday…and to also pray that you don’t learn to climb out of that crib for quite sometime!!!

You should be waking up any minute so I better get myself out of this chair and start the day!

Love,

Mama (my favorite word that you say)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Beautiful! Praying for your apt. tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Thanks Melissa! You are so sweet. I'll call you as soon as we hear something...(hoping Ben included). =)

Anonymous said...

Joy, hope Ben is just fine, please let me know. My kids were late talkers and both needed speech when little, maybe it runs in the family. Carol

Unknown said...

Thanks Carol! We will call you too! Mike has some other things that I am sure he is dying to chat with JD about. ;)