Saturday, April 17, 2010

Painting Time!

IMG_9852

OK, warning: there are many pictures of this in this post.  But this is one of my favorite things to watch.  The little kids painting.

IMG_9859

Yes, we paint in our formal living room.  But really there is nothing formal about our house.  =)

IMG_9855

I love how how he walks over to see sister’s work of art.

IMG_9864

Yet, he remains very proud about his own.  

IMG_9865

We just use four colors at a time and they pass them back and forth.

IMG_9868

I love how he really tries to be very careful with it.

IMG_9873

IMG_9874

IMG_9878

Ma!  As in Ma, you wanna try?

IMG_9880

IMG_9885

Painter/Art Critic….

IMG_9887

Sissy does very good work.  Notice her wiping her brow.  She is also very passionate about her pieces.  =)

IMG_9889

The theme varies, but never the mood.  She always paints a happy piece.

IMG_9890

And uses the one hand behind her back method.

IMG_9892

IMG_9893

Little brother watches in admiration.

IMG_9896

Then returns to his own piece…but not before noticing the dog.

IMG_9898

Yes, I know what my little man is thinking before he even approaches, “My wouldn’t he look striking with a touch of green on his paw?”

IMG_9899

Hold still little puppy…

IMG_9903

Ok, gotta put the camera down before someone calls the SPCA.

IMG_9925

2 comments:

Marlene said...

This is SO fun. Is that easel from IKEA?

Unknown said...

Ha Ha! Did you notice my initial title read "panting time?" Instead of painting time! Geesh goes to show you I shouldn't do two things at once.

No, it's a Melissa and Doug easel. I used a coupon from Borders over at Yo Yo Jo's. He price matches and I showed him the Borders coupon and he was happy to reduce. =)